Friday 1 February 2013

Still writing Haiku as a way forward

Don't know if this is working, but at least I am not left with what to me seem like fragments of poems. The first stanza or a few lines, and then running into a case of writers block. Time after time after time. With the Haiku, without wishing to claim anything for them, I am able to feel that I have a complete piece. The discipline of the 5-7-5 syllable count is also making me work a little at the words I am using.
It can only be good practice, and heaven knows I need it. So what of this weeks batch. Again I leave them untitled - is this usual? Must take another look at some of the Haiku related sites.

Winter, think sunny
Think warm foreign beaches
Winter, bearable

----------------------------------

Rain everlasting
Spring, summer, Autumn, Winter
Earth needs space to dry

------------------------------------

Rain on rain on rain
Falls on saturated ground
Flooding now certain

------------------------------------

The setting sun dies
Ending of another day
Sleep, refresh, renew.

-------------------------------------

Winter night comes early
Cloaking day's end silently
Until tomorrow


Well, what do you think? Is there any merit in these short pieces. I will be carrying on with this game in the hope that it will bring about an end to this current period of writer's block. And if it doesn't? - well then I shall have to think of something else to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment