Tuesday 26 November 2013

A New Poem, The Seasons

I painted a winter scene last week and posted it in my art blog, the weather this week has been very cold and beginning to get quite wintry which has inspired the following new poem. But first let me include an image of the new painting:-






I wonder if it brings forth any of the feelings which it did in me and resulted in this poem? It is not an original in the sense that It is a very close copy (not something I often do) of a work by a gloucester artist. I saw a greeting card in a shop in Winchcombe and fell in love with it. I had to try to get the same feelings down on to paper. I used pastels.

And here is the poem:-

THE SEASONS by John Dyhouse

We ride the earth around the sun
A journey we all share
As winter comes I think about,
the end of another year

A new beginning beckons
Look forward tho' you fear.
Spring is like a flower which,
Blooms to bring another year.

In the fullness of this journey
That brings us all so near,
Summer is the apex,
Applaud another year.

Autumn is the season
When dreams become as one.
Rise up and let us dance,
In the last rays of the sun.

And so complete the circle
We always persevere,
The Seasons ever come and go,
Marking out another year.


Something I have just started doing is to record my new poetry and post onto the internet - I am using a site called SoundCloud at present but there is a limit to what can be stored for free and so I may change to some other site in the near future. But, it does allow playlists (albums by any other name) and sounds/tracks can be embedded into sites like this blog.

Listen to my lilting tones read this poem:-



I would love to know what you think of the idea of reading the poetry. I shall be looking at much of my back catalogue and recording as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment