Monday 14 May 2018

The Journal Jar, A Surprise Poem

A surprise because I was looking at one of Monna Ellithorpe's post on Writing prompts and she mentioned a Journal Jar. Never heard of this ; then surf over to see what it is all about.

Anyway, I had written a poem from one of the prompts offered and feeling at a loss for something to do, I though I might try another. But upoon reading the post I though, "Why not?" and proceeded to write a poem about writing a poem. Mmmm, I seem to have done that before now I think about it.




Well here it is:-

THE JOURNAL JAR


Each day I open up my journal jar,
When I find time to rest. 
I pick a slip from deep within,
To provide a little test.

Chose at random that's the key 
And write a poem upon request.
A poem based upon the prompt
Now in your hand, Just do your best.

That's all I ask, and nothing more,
Apply your writer's mind. Invest
In words, attest to deeds to come.
Or maybe even deeds repressed.

Just write, compose, transcribe your thoughts;
Don't leave them unexpressed.
Don't wait, it will work out in the end,
resulting in a poem, to leave you  most impressed.

Seems like there are days when words just flow, of course there are many days when it is almost impossible to start. Just take things as they come and make the most of the good days. Seems to be the best way to treat it, don't you think.

Thanks for the visit and hope you enjoyed the poem.

2 comments:

  1. Hi John, I love the way you are diving into this in so many different ways. Thank you for reminding me about the Journal Jar. I wanted to make one to give away.

    I really like what you came up with on this one. Thanks again for participating.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thanks for Sharing this informative article. .Visit online product Enhancement

    ReplyDelete